66993Re: Weird behavior after ^ or ´

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Oct 31, 2012
      On 31/10/12 15:38, Ben Fritz wrote:
      > On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:48:51 AM UTC-5, Axel wrote:
      >> Following Tony's approach I tried to verify the behavior with Cream's 7.3.709 but I couldn't; gvim.exe behaves correctly. The Cream version however is a 32-bit application, where mine is a 64-bit version compiled with MinGW.
      > Since you're compiling yourself, Mercurial actually automates Tony's approach with it's "bisect" feature. I assume you're using Mercurial to get the Vim source?
      > See:
      > http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/hg.1.html#bisect
      > http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/hgbook/1.6/finding-and-fixing-mistakes.html#sec:undo:bisect
      > (I expected the second link to show how to do it graphically in TortoiseHg but I was mistaken; it looks to be a good read whether you use the command-line or Tortoise tools).

      Yes, and, of course,

      hg help bisect

      will let you RTFM even if you aren't on Linux ;-)

      Best regards,
      Around computers it is difficult to find the correct unit of time to
      measure progress. Some cathedrals took a century to complete. Can you
      imagine the grandeur and scope of a program that would take as long?
      -- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982