66974Re: Weird behavior after ^ or ´

  • Jürgen Krämer
    Oct 29, 2012

      Ben Fritz schrieb:
      > On Monday, October 29, 2012 9:34:36 AM UTC-5, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      >> On Mon, October 29, 2012 11:21, Axel wrote:
      >>> Since some patches (right now at 7.3.712) I experience the following
      >>> behavior ([] denotes the cursor position, the character after the arrow
      >>> the input):
      >>> a[a]aa -> a
      >>> aa[]aa -> <spc>
      >>> aa []aa -> ^
      >>> aa []aa -> <spc> " Should result in "aa ^[]aa"
      >>> aa []aa -> <esc>
      >>> aa[ ]aa -> s " gA shows 0x20
      >>> []$a aa " Should result in "aa[]$aa"
      >>> This seems to be a bug. Can anyone verify this (Windows 7 64 bit;
      >>> MinGW-compiled (64-bit))?
      >>> Addendum: This also seems to happen with apostrophes.
      >> I am not sure, I understand your description, e.g. What are you
      >> typing after the s key (possibly the dollar)? Is Vim really not
      >> showing the caret (^) after the space? Why do you have a $ sign there?
      >> And I can't reproduce this issue on Windows (but 32bit, Cream installer)
      > That is 3 people now who cannot reproduce. I'm not sure why the OP started a new thread. Here's the original, to my knowledge:
      > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_use/3MUcDw_N94Q/discussion
      > "Axel", can you reproduce this without any of your plugins or .vimrc? Try after starting Vim like gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE -U NONE. If the problem goes away also try with gvim --noplugin -i NONE to figure out whether it's one of your plugins.

      I can confirm this behavior on Vim 7.3.1-712 on Windows 7, compiled with
      MS-C 16.0.40219.1 (i.e., Visual Studio 2008), although it only seems to
      happen of every other input of "^".

      The caret is a dead-letter key and is ignored although a space is pressed
      afterwards. It seems to be kept in the input buffer, though, and is
      finally used when "s" is pressed, leading to a movement to the start of
      line and starting insert mode at the wrong position.

      The dollar sign you see in Alex' example is the one displayed at the end
      of the changed text if "$" is included in 'cpo'.