66969Re: Weird behavior after ^ or ´

  • Ben Fritz
    Oct 29, 2012
      On Monday, October 29, 2012 9:34:36 AM UTC-5, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > On Mon, October 29, 2012 11:21, Axel wrote:
      >
      > > Since some patches (right now at 7.3.712) I experience the following
      >
      > > behavior ([] denotes the cursor position, the character after the arrow
      >
      > > the input):
      >

      > > a[a]aa -> a
      >
      > > aa[]aa -> <spc>
      >
      > > aa []aa -> ^
      >
      > > aa []aa -> <spc> " Should result in "aa ^[]aa"
      >
      > > aa []aa -> <esc>
      >
      > > aa[ ]aa -> s " gA shows 0x20
      >
      > > []$a aa " Should result in "aa[]$aa"
      >

      > > This seems to be a bug. Can anyone verify this (Windows 7 64 bit;
      >
      > > MinGW-compiled (64-bit))?
      >

      > > Addendum: This also seems to happen with apostrophes.
      >

      > I am not sure, I understand your description, e.g. What are you
      >
      > typing after the s key (possibly the dollar)? Is Vim really not
      >
      > showing the caret (^) after the space? Why do you have a $ sign there?
      >

      > And I can't reproduce this issue on Windows (but 32bit, Cream installer)

      That is 3 people now who cannot reproduce. I'm not sure why the OP started a new thread. Here's the original, to my knowledge:

      https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_use/3MUcDw_N94Q/discussion

      "Axel", can you reproduce this without any of your plugins or .vimrc? Try after starting Vim like gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE -U NONE. If the problem goes away also try with gvim --noplugin -i NONE to figure out whether it's one of your plugins.