66729Re: Race condition when switching to ex-commands

  • ZyX
    Oct 8 11:52 AM
      понедельник, 8 октября 2012 г., 22:00:44 UTC+4 пользователь oliver написал:
      > The problem does not occur on any other
      > situations with vim.
      > Only when switching temporarily to ex-mode with ":".
      > In any other situation no characters are missing,
      > even under heavy load.Only when the ":" is involved.
      > Looks like ":" triggers a sleep-command, eats up
      > some chars and then does go to insert mode.
      > When going diretcly to insert mode, nothing is missing.
      > I doubt that thois specific behaviour is caused by
      > some other reasons than vim.

      What about screen/xdotool tests? And what you see when you run

      :verbose map :<CR>
      :cmap<CR> (shows all command-mode mappings, seek for characters in test-characters)
      :debug normal :test-characters<CR>
      ? (Maybe it is problem with some plugin, it should show up here.)

      Does it happen when you type the same thing inside vim launched without configuration:

      vim -u NONE
      (it may be not plugin problem, but a problem with a set of specific options.)