66266Re: Patch 7.3.639

    Sep 1, 2012
      Sergey Khorev wrote:

      > > Patch 7.3.639
      > > Problem: It's not easy to build Vim on Windows with XPM support.
      > > Solution: Include the required files, they are quite small. Update the
      > > MSVC makefile to use them. Binary files are in the next patch.
      >
      > Thanks for including this. Attached are a few tweaks:
      > * IA64 would require another build of XPM because it is incompatible
      > with x64. Unfortunately I don't have access to Itanium-based hardware
      > to test it properly.

      I don't think we need to care about Itanium much. Hopefully they can
      live without XPM support.

      > * I updated Make_ming.mak to enable XPM automatically and add support
      > for 64-bit builds of MinGW 64.
      >
      > Since I added a binary file I had to use git diff format.

      Thanks. I belive the object directory name isn't set differently for 64
      bit builds, which may cause trouble if one forgets to clean first.

      --
      You had connectors? Eeee, when I were a lad we 'ad to carry the
      bits between the computer and the terminal with a spoon...