65960Re: [patch] added ":e ~user " completion

  • Charles Campbell
    Jul 30, 2012
      Dominique Pellé wrote:
      > Dominique Pellé wrote:
      >

      >> Hi
      >>
      >> Attached patch fixes the following item in in ":help todo":

      >> ":e ~br<Tab>" does not complete to ":e /home/bram/". Would need to use
      >> getpwent() to find all the matches.
      >>
      > My previous patch was missing src/vim.h and src/auto/configure.
      > So here is yet another update of the patch.

      Hello, Dominique:

      May I point out that old C compilers (ie. those that conform to K&R
      style C) error-out on declarations which follow compilable code. In
      particular,
      int match_user(name)
      char_u* name;
      {
      init_users();
      int i;

      will not compile with them. All that's needed is to push "init_users()"
      to after the initial block of declarations.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell