64656Re: status of tests in src/testdir?

    Apr 5, 2012
      David Pope wrote:

      > On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 2:31 AM, Nazri Ramliy <ayiehere@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > The doc is (just a teeny bit) inaccurate.
      > >
      > > I'm the one who wrote that note, and also the one who submitted the
      > > patch for the :find, :sfind and :tabfind completion, bugs and all :)
      > >
      > > For completion, the "/**" path specification is supported. The doc
      > > should be patched like this:
      > >
      > > [elided]
      > Thanks very much for responding Nazri. I rechecked my results on a
      > clean(er) source tree and now the test runs flawlessly. So that means the
      > problem is with my win32 symlink patch, which means your automated test
      > served its purpose perfectly. :) Onward to debugging my code...
      > (To answer your question, I'm building x64 target using VS2010.)
      > Separately, in order to get three of the tests to complete, I had to change
      > the following line in Make_dos.mak:
      > fixff:
      > -$(VIMPROG) -u dos.vim --noplugin "+argdo set ff=dos|upd" +q *.in
      > *.ok
      > - -$(VIMPROG) -u dos.vim --noplugin "+argdo set ff=unix|upd" +q
      > dotest.in
      > + -$(VIMPROG) -u dos.vim --noplugin "+argdo set ff=unix|upd" +q
      > dotest.in test60.ok test71.ok test74.ok
      > These three tests output in ff=unix, either explicitly (test 60) or
      > implicitly (tests 71, 74), so the diff fails. Do they run without
      > modifications for you?

      That modification should not be necessary, since the line just above it
      includes "*.ok" and should fix all .ok files. Perhaps you are using a
      make that expands wildcards and then runs into the maximum line length?

      FATHER: One day, lad, all this will be yours ...
      PRINCE: What - the curtains?