64593Re: [Patch] Re: 'backupcopy' and Windows Vista symbolic links

  • Ben Fritz
    Mar 29, 2012
      On Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:52:49 AM UTC-5, David Pope wrote:
      > Thanks, any help is appreciated.  I have updated the patch with some further
      > fixes (it broke a common pattern for calling mch_getperms to check for file
      > existence).  The latest patch is available in my fork at github:
      > https://code.google.<WBR>com/r/depope-vim/ .  Should I continue posting
      > patches here in vim_dev or is github considered better?

      That's not github, by the way :-)

      It can be nice to pull from a real repository, but some people (me included) would prefer to put experimental patches into a patch queue with mq. I like this option better because Bram doesn't pull from clones, he just uses the patches (or at least this is the case for the "official" repository, obviously I don't know what his personal clones might look like). So, if I pull a bunch of changes on the default branch into my clone, that history never gets pulled in and either I will need to strip it or let some extra head just dangle.

      So if you want to commit to a clone, that's good, and you should share it...but certainly continue posting patches on vim_dev. I wonder if there's a good way to share patch queues related to a project? That might be an even better way.