64528Re: [Patch] Re: 'backupcopy' and Windows Vista symbolic links

  • David Pope
    Mar 23, 2012
      Hello Bram, Benjamin, and all,

      On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM, David Pope <d.e.pope@...> wrote:
      > A patch definitely helps.  And a way to reproduce the problem.

      Reproduction is easy.

      1. Create a symbolic link on Windows. (e.g. mklink link_path target_path)
      2. open the file in Vim
      3. write the file from Vim

      The symbolic link has been destroyed, now it's a "real" file separate
      from the file it was originally linked to.

      Here's my first shot at a patch that fixes the "can't save to symlinks" bug on Windows.
      <snip>

      Is there any feedback on this patch, or on the way the fix was presented?  As I said earlier, I'm new to vim development so I'm all ears.  :)  Is there someone I need to direct this patch toward, e.g. someone who deals primarily with the Windows version of vim, to get it vetted/updated for mainline inclusion?

      Thanks,
      ----
      David Pope