63312Re: Cannot input Chinese character "文" in vim

  • Stephen Lee
    Dec 6, 2011
      Hello

      For you reference, I am using Simplified Chinese Windows xp sp3.
      Windows imposes a lot of limitations on console (DOS mode): The
      internal encoding has to be in codepages while the output can be in
      codepages or in unicode. I think problems happened during encoding
      conversion. Gvim hence appears to overcome these limitations. I use
      gvim all the time and avoid vim. This this also the reason I am going
      to change my system to linux as it has consistent encoding - utf8.