63235Re: Gvim on Windows doesn't remember its position and size

  • Дмитрий Франк
    Nov 29, 2011
      2011/11/30 Jürgen Krämer <jottkaerr@...>

      Дмитрий Франк schrieb:

      >     Just switch the order of your commands
      >
      >      1) :set lines=67
      >      2) :set columns=237
      >      3) :winpos -1684 -4
      >
      >     Regards,
      >     Jürgen
      >

      > I tried to do so, but my primary monitor (this is a monitor in which Vim starts) is less than secondary, so, :set lines=67 and columns=237 will actually set less values.
      > Could you please make a way to make Vim not to check if there enough space to show needed lines and columns count?

      I haven't followed the whole thread so please excuse me if you already
      have said it: Do you want to maximize the window on the monitor (-4 is
      a typical value for maximized windows on Windows)? If so you might try

       :winpos -1680 0
       :simalt ~X

      where you have to replace the "X" in the second command with the letter
      that is underlined in the "Maximize" menu item of GVim's system menu
      (the one in the upper left corner of the title bar).

      Regards,
      Jürgen

      this could be a great solution if only Windows hadn't been so stupid. Now I'll explain:
      I use cyrillic Windows, and my combination for maximize window is Alt+Spacebar+Р  (Р is a cyrillic letter).

      But command :simalt ~Р unfortunately works if only current layout is cyrillic! I mean that i type :simalt ~Р, and current layout is cyrillic, i press enter, and this works. Then i change layout to default english, type :<up>  (previous command appears at command-line), press enter, end, damn, it doesn't work.

      Maybe is there workaround in Vim to simulate Windows layout change? Or any other workaround?

      in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)