61783RE: [Bug][w32] Completion for "filetype" doesn't work on windows

  • John Beckett
    Jun 25, 2011
      Dominique Pellé wrote:
      > It works for me on Linux too. I don't have Windows to test.
      > I don't see why it would not work on Windows at first sight.

      I have just performed some tests on Windows XP:

      These work (pressing Tab provides argument completion):
      :command! -nargs=* -complete=file Xfil :echo <q-args>
      :command! -nargs=* -complete=syntax Xsyn :echo <q-args>
      :command! -nargs=* -complete=environment Xenv :echo <q-args>

      This fails (pressing Tab for completion does nothing):
      :command! -nargs=* -complete=filetype Xft :echo <q-args>

      The reason filetype completion fails on Windows is that
      dos_expandpath() in misc1.c is asked to expand text like
      "C:\.../vimfiles/{syntax,indent,ftplugin}/*.vim".

      The "{dir1,dir2}" syntax is handled by the operating system on
      Unix based systems, but not on Windows.

      John