61576Re: HOME variable in cmd.exe for vim compiled in an UNIX-like environment

  • Fabian Greffrath
    Jun 6, 2011
      Am 06.06.2011 14:22, schrieb Fabian Greffrath:
      > However, since vim starts without crashing when HOME is unset and
      > sh.exe is *absent*, I think it's not an issue in vim.exe itself, but
      > maybe in the way it invokes the shell. The sh.exe I just copied over
      > from MSYS starts just fine even if HOME is unset...

      With both PATH and HOME unset, the shell seems to choke on the
      following command:

      call_shell (unset nonomatch; vimglob() { while [ $# -ge 1 ]; do echo
      "$1"; shift; done }; vimglob >/tmp/v368869/0 ~/.vim/plugin/**/*.vim, 18)

      which it is given in os_unix.c:5597.

      - Fabian