60934Re: vim v7.3.125 crashes when running a macro with a count in the thousands

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Apr 1, 2011
      On 01/04/11 07:12, Dominique Pellé wrote:
      > Mun wrote:
      >
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> My OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.6
      >> My configure command:
      >> configure --with-features=huge --enable-perlinterp --enable-pythoninterp --enable-gui
      >>
      >> I must apologize that I don't have too much to go on with this issue,
      >> but I'll provide what I have and I will try to get more data if requested.
      >>
      >> I had a simple macro that would take a line and reformat it by adding
      >> strings to the beginning and ending of the line. Nothing tricky or
      >> complex.
      >>
      >> The file I was operating on had roughly 11,000 lines. If I executed the
      >> macro with a count of about 2,000 vim crashes on me.
      >>
      >> When I use the following vim command:
      >> % vim --noplugin<filename>
      >>
      >> I get the following lines outut to the terminal when vim crashes:

      or, use the Vim executable produced by the compile (in src/ in your
      build directory tree), which is not stripped, rather than the output of
      "make install" (usually in /usr/local/bin/), which is.

      It is said that the lonely eagle flies to the mountain peaks while the
      lowly ant crawls the ground, but cannot the soul of the ant soar as
      high as the eagle?