60706Re: Spelling support doesn’t deal with ‘’’ c orrectly

  • Ben Fritz
    Mar 11 7:56 AM
      On Mar 11, 1:44 am, Nikolai Weibull <n...@...> wrote:

      > >> Still waiting for a response to this question.
      > > Latin1 is a superset of ASCII. Since there are no additional quote
      > > characters in latin1, saying "Latin1 quotes" means exactly the same as
      > > ASCII quotes.
      >
      > > Apparently cp1252 DOES add some quotes. Unicode certainly does. So the
      > > distinction is ASCII/Latin1 quotes vs. cp1252/Unicode quotes.
      >
      > Why are you echoing what I already said above?

      I'm not echoing you. I'm trying to point out that I believe your
      conclusion is wrong even though your facts are right. You say Bram
      should have said "ASCII quotes" because they are the same as latin1
      quotes. But because they are the same, referring to them as ASCII will
      add zero clarity and in fact will decrease clarity, because if I
      understand correctly, the spell files are truly in Latin1 and not
      ASCII.