60604Re: Writing large files is slow

    Mar 3, 2011
      Ivan Krasilnikov wrote:

      > On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 00:05, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
      > > I had a quick look and it looks good.
      > >
      > > I think assert.h is not available everywhere. =C2=A0If you only use the
      > > assert() method, perhaps we can use a configure check and when assert.h
      > > is not available define it ourselves? =C2=A0This could be in a test.h inc=
      > lude
      > > file perhaps, so it can be reused in other unittests.
      >
      > vim.h already unconditionally includes assert.h. So if is not
      > available, vim wouldn't compile.
      >
      > Also, my BSD man page states that "assert macro appeared in Version 6
      > AT&T UNIX", which is the grand daddy of all the Unixes, so it's quite
      > safe to assume that assert.h is always present, even on very old
      > systems.

      Attached is the patch as I have it now. I fixed several warnings and
      made a few cosmetic changes. The core code changes looks good. I'm not
      sure if the tests cover enough of "normal usage" though.

      Let me know if anyone spots a problem with this before I send it out as
      a regular patch.

      -
      ARTHUR: A scratch? Your arm's off!
      BLACK KNIGHT: No, it isn't.