59810Re: Fedora 13 Gvim popup pops down unless you hold right mouse down?

    Dec 5, 2010
      Hong Xu wrote:

      > >> I think I have fixed this problem. The attachment is the patch. The
      > >> reason is that when gtk_menu_popup is called, its last parameter is
      > >> not passed in the correct time stamp but GDK_CURRENT_TIME. I fixed
      > >> this by adding a global varible, which is ugly, I think. Is there a
      > >> better way to pass the time stamp?
      > >
      > > Perhaps we should rename clipboard_event_time to gtk_event_time and move
      > > it to globals.h.
      > >

      > Hi Bram,
      >
      > Would it be better if we use a global pointer, whose type is
      > "GdkEvent*", to store the event pointer? Then we can get more
      > information about the event through this pointer, including the
      > event_time -- In the future, we might also need to access other
      > varibles in the GdkEvent.

      That involves managing allocated memory. What other fields would we
      use? And can't we use a simple value for them instead of having to make
      a copy?

      --
      Engineers understand that their appearance only bothers other people and
      therefore it is not worth optimizing.