59779Re: Re: Spelling support doesn’t deal with ‘’ ’ correctly

  • Nikolai Weibull
    Dec 1, 2010
      On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 21:12, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

      >> > You are using weird quotes from cp1252.  The spell checker works with
      >> > latin1 quotes.  The equivalent of cp1252 0x92 is 0x2019 in Unicode.
      >> > They are not the same, thus Vim says it's an error to use that.
      >> > Please don't use cp1252, it's Windows-only stuff.
      >>
      >> I don’t use cp1252, nor do I use the (almost) equally horrible latin1
      >> (ISO-8859-1).  I use Unicode, specifically U+2018, U+2019, U+201C, and
      >> U+201D.
      >
      > Your message header had:

      Not according to GMail (this is what it sent):

      Sender: nikolai.weibull@...
      Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:40:55 +0100
      Subject: =?UTF-8?B?U3BlbGxpbmcgc3VwcG9ydCBkb2VzbuKAmXQgZGVhbCB3aXRoIOKAmOKAmeKAmSBjb3JyZQ==?=
      =?UTF-8?B?Y3RseQ==?=
      From: Nikolai Weibull <now@...>
      To: Vim Developers <vim_dev@...>

      Perhaps Google Groups messed with the message along the way.

      > Right, only latin1 quotes are supported.

      OK, so let’s fix that. How do we fix that?

      Also, I don’t understand what you say latin1 quotes, as it would be a
      lot clearer if you said ASCII quotes. (Latin1 doesn’t add any
      additional quotes. That’s one of the main differences between latin1
      and cp1252.)