59577[patch] Py_SetPythonHome for python3 to make import work

  • Roland Puntaier
    Nov 7, 2010
      Hi Bram,

      After installing vim7.3 on a ubuntu system, I had again the problem that
      import did not work for .so libraries in lib-dynload. I found that
      sys.path was initialized with "/usr/..." instead of "/usr/local/...". On
      ubuntu (and probably on other linux distros as well) python3 is
      installed in /usr/local while python2 is installed in /usr.

      The attached patch calls Py_SetPythonHome with PYTHON3_PREFIX defined by
      configure.
      This solves the problem.

      regards, Roland
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic