59223Re: [PROPOSAL] new 'systemencoding' option.

  • Yue Wu
    Oct 5 7:06 PM
      On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 01:32:10AM +0900, kikuchan@... wrote:
      > Hi, All.
      > # I changed the subject.
      > # (it was: [patch] Add an option to specify filename encoding.)
      > I'm very sad because nobody reply to this topic... ;p
      > This is not only a problem for CJK people.
      > You can't handle filename properly in Vim
      > when filename encoding is different than 'encoding'.
      > # at least on Unix like systems.
      > What do you think about this feature / problem, everyone?

      I can't say more because of my limited knowledge with vim source, but
      I strongly support this feature, cjk people needs it, very much.

      Yue Wu

      Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
      Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
      China Pharmaceutical University
      No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China