59207Re: http://vimhelp.appspot.com/

    Oct 3, 2010
      Carlo Teubner wrote:

      > Sorry, I sent that off too early. To elaborate:
      >
      > * It's built on Google App Engine
      > * It regularly retrieves the latest doc files from
      > http://vim.googlecode.com/hg/runtime/doc/ and processes them
      > * The Google custom search it uses doesn't work, presumably since
      > Google hasn't indexed the contents yet
      >
      > Please let me know any feedback. I'm going to hold off advertising its
      > existence more widely (i.e. vim_use list) for now.
      >
      > Bram, let me know if you approve of this or would like any changes to
      > it. Everyone else, hope you like it.

      To make another version of the help files useful the search should be
      working. Perhaps it's indeed a matter of waiting for the indexing.

      Where do you get the HTML files? Do you generate them somehow or do you
      use the distributed ones?

      Navigation from a page to main help file is problematic. Add a link to
      help.txt on every page?

      --
      Married is a three ring circus:
      First comes the engagement ring.