57208Re: [vim73] easy way to purge 'persistence undo'?

  • Ingo Karkat
    Jun 4, 2010
      On 03-Jun-2010 20:48, Dominique Pellé wrote:
      > I see an item added recently on the todo list which would also be useful:
      >
      > - undofile: keep markers where the file was written/read, so that it's easy to

      Though some may object that this makes Vim further encroach on the territory of
      a proper Revision Control System, I would find such a movement along saved file
      versions very useful. So far, I've been using my writebackup.vim plugin [1] for
      such short-term temporary versions. +1 from me for :earlier 1file

      I like the idea of a command to purge the undo information, if only for
      security/privacy reasons. (Imagine you've accidentally pasted your credit card
      info into a Vim buffer; you don't want to have that persisted to disk.)

      -- regards, ingo

      [1] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1828