57196vim.org scripts section unavailable? (MySQL server down)

  • Peter Odding
    Jun 3, 2010
      Hi all. Today I started adapting one of my Vim plug-ins to support
      auto-update using the getscript plug-in. I was just about ready to start
      testing and then the vim.org MySQL server went down and since then I'm
      unable to browse the scripts section or download scripts (using a web
      browser). The following error message appears instead:

      Query attempt failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
      '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

      Ironic that this should happen while I was wondering about vim.org being
      a central point of failure as the back-end for the getscript plug-in :-\

      Does anyone know when the service might be available again?

      Thanks,

      - Peter Odding