57173Re: Progress indicator for :TOhtml command

  • Ben Fritz
    Jun 1, 2010
      On May 31, 10:50 pm, Yongwei Wu <wuyong...@...> wrote:
      > On 1 June 2010 04:47, Benjamin Fritz <fritzophre...@...> wrote:
      >

      > And there was nothing to "fix" about the tabs.  They were perfectly
      > fine.  Tabstop was set to the default (8), and only shiftwidth was set
      > to 2 (along with sts, which does not affect the saved file).  You
      > seemed to have confused them.  The original version is easier to view
      > (using type/cat/more/less or nearly anything).

      I am fine with tabs or spaces for indentation. I am NOT fine with a
      mixture of the two. From the previous modeline, I assumed that the
      intent was a tab-based indent. You are free to change the tabstop to
      view the file, but if you edit the file using a 'shiftwidth' and
      'tabstop' value that differ, the indentation will become a mixture of
      tabs and spaces, so that changing tabstop no longer looks right.

      I did not modify the value of 'sts', that was already there.