57169Re: Progress indicator for :TOhtml command

  • Christian J. Robinson
    May 31, 2010
      On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Yongwei Wu wrote:

      > I tried it on Windows, and the display was too flashy and intrusive.
      > I can't say I like it.

      I tried it too--on Windows and on Linux--and it was flashy and
      unusable on both, plus about 15 to 20 percent slower than the original
      on both.

      I would be for having a progress meter, if it could be implemented in
      a better way without slowing the script down.

      My best suggestion is just to output one line every 5 to 10 percent
      through processing with the current progress, e.g.:

      0%
      5%
      10%
      15%