57167zOS: Screen update problem

  • Ralf Schandl
    May 31, 2010

      I compiled Vim on zOS (needed some fixes) and now realised some problems
      with screen updating. If I switch between files using :bn and :bp the
      content of the screen is scrolled on line up and not redrawn correctly.

      The content of the command line (":bn") is still visible (in the last
      but one line of the screen) and the entire content of the screen is one
      line of. After forcing a redraw with C-L everything is fine again.

      The attached screenshot shows the problem.

      Does anyone have an idea on that or a hint where to start looking?

      Btw: I Use Putty to connect to zOS. Might it be an issue with putty
      and/or termcap?

      Any help or hint appreciated.