56481bug with getpos("'>")[2] with multibyte charactor?

  • Yue Wu
    Apr 3, 2010
      Hi list,

      Don't know if it's a bug or feature, but when in visual mode, if I select just
      one multibyte charactor, say "我", getpos("'>")[2] will return a value the
      same as getpos("'<")[2], but in fact, a multibyte should occupy multi columns
      so it should be a value larger than getpos("'<")[2]'s.

      Yue Wu

      Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
      Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
      China Pharmaceutical University
      No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China