      9586 if ((*p_stl != NUL || *curwin->w_p_stl != NUL) &&
      curwin->w_status_height)

      (gdb) bt
      #0 0x000000000053580d in showruler (always=0) at screen.c:9586

      #1 0x00000000004a52a9 in main_loop (cmdwin=0, noexmode=0) at
      main.c:1160
      #2 0x00000000004a4e85 in main (argc=6, argv=0x7fffffffe058) at
      main.c:955

      It crashes when dereferencing a NULL pointer (*curwin->w_p_stl) where
      w_p_stl is a shortcut for w_onebuf_opt.wo_stl (statusline option I
      think). I see no connection between the margincolumn code and the
      statusline.

      I am interested in any input.

      The hg diff to vim-7.2.351 is attached

      Best regards,