55640Re: The list on vim-patches page

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Dec 13, 2009
      On 13/12/09 23:07, Suresh Govindachar wrote:
      > Hello,
      > It would help if the items listed on the "vim-patches" page mentioned any restrictions on OS
      > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/web/vim-patches
      > Thanks,
      > --Suresh

      It would, though in some cases it's quite obvious from the description:
      "Using Vim as editor within MS Visual Studio" is useless without MS
      Visual Studio (which I suppose means MS-Windows) while vimGDB means yu
      debug with gdb (and probably compile with gcc) which can mean either a
      Unix-like installation (including, I presume, Mac OS X), or MinGW or
      maybe Cygwin on a W32 system. Similarly, "Console cygwin Vim using W32
      clipboard" is quite obviously for one particular platform only.

      Apart from the three above-mentioned patches, I expect that the other
      ones on that page are probably OS-agnostic (but I could be wrong). If
      there are any more restrictions, I agree that the patch descriptions
      ought to mention them.

      Best regards,
      [From an announcement of a congress of the International Ontopsychology
      Association, in Rome]:

      The Ontopsychological school, availing itself of new research criteria
      and of a new telematic epistemology, maintains that social modes do not
      spring from dialectics of territory or of class, or of consumer goods,
      or of means of power, but rather from dynamic latencies capillarized in
      millions of individuals in system functions which, once they have
      reached the event maturation, burst forth in catastrophic phenomenology
      engaging a suitable stereotype protagonist or duty marionette (general,
      president, political party, etc.) to consummate the act of social
      schizophrenia in mass genocide.