55274Re: Bokmål translations

    Nov 1 4:59 AM
      Adi Roiban wrote:

      > I would like to let you know about a bug reported in Ubuntu by Arne
      > Goetje
      > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+bug/409765
      > I would like to know what you think about it, and if you accept or
      > reject it.
      > For point 2. maybe you don't want to remove non-utf8 encoded files.
      > Please consider this a bug report only for point 1.
      > I will open another theread for discussing point 2.
      > I will also include the relevant text here:
      > -----
      > When scanning the import queue in Launchpad Rosetta for issues that
      > need manual intervention, I found the following issues with the vim
      > package, which prevents a smooth import into Launchpad Rosetta and
      > causes the Ubuntu Translation Coordinators to manually adjust or
      > remove .po files.
      > 1. the no language code is obsolete and has been split into nb and
      > nn. The no.po file in the vim package is actually Bokmål, so the file
      > should be renamed to nb.po in order to get imported into Rosetta
      > automatically.

      Vim works on many systems, thus we must shure changes don't break it for
      HPUX, SunOS, etc.

      I don't know the details of the Norwegian language names. I think there
      should remain a no.po file for backwards compatibility. But let's ask
      the author: Øyvind A. Holm

      An indication you must be a manager:
      You feel sorry for Dilbert's boss.