55103Re: patch: gvim for win32 should have context menu to view files in read-only mode

  • Tom Sorensen
    Oct 4, 2009
      On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Anon Sricharoenchai <anon.hui@...> wrote:

      >> In my opinion there are too many Vim entries.
      >>
      >>  I would prefer to have one "Edit with Vim" entry, and a submenu "Use
      >>  Vim" with all the other entries.
      >
      > How about, "Edit with multiple Vims" and "Edit with single Vim"?
      > Which one should be in submenu?

      Edit with multiple vims should be put on the sub-menu. Really, it's
      not an optimal way to use vim.

      I'd be in favor of "Diff with Vim" being at the top level if two or
      more files are selected, but it's not that big of a deal.

      In general, removing context menu clutter is a Good Thing. I like the
      way TortoiseCVS/SVN do things (although they have far more options to
      deal with).

      Tom