55100Re: patch: gvim for win32 should have context menu to view files in read-only mode

    Oct 4, 2009
      Anon Sricharoenchai wrote:

      > > > In addition to "Edit with Vim", this patch will add the following context menus,
      > > > * View with Vim
      > > > * View with multiple Vims
      > > > * View with single Vim
      > > > * Diff with Vim (read only)
      > >

      > > Although it's nice when you want to do these things, doesn't this make
      > > the context menu very long when you don't want to use Vim?
      > >
      > > Perhaps you can show us a screen shot to show what the result looks
      > > like.
      >
      > Here is the screenshot.

      In my opinion there are too many Vim entries.

      I would prefer to have one "Edit with Vim" entry, and a submenu "Use
      Vim" with all the other entries.

      --
      GALAHAD: No, please. Please! I can defeat them! There's only a hundred.
      GIRLS: He will beat us easily. We haven't a chance.