55072Re: patch: gvim for win32 should have context menu to view files in read-only mode

  • Tom Sorensen
    Oct 1 10:30 AM
      On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 3:46 AM, Anon Sricharoenchai <anon.hui@...> wrote:
      > In addition to "Edit with Vim", this patch will add the following context menus,
      > * View with Vim
      > * View with multiple Vims
      > * View with single Vim
      > * Diff with Vim (read only)

      I'd like to request that this not be integrated with mainline Vim. I
      don't feel that this is a common need and would create additional
      clutter on the context menu (up to 3 additional choices, plus doubling
      the number of entries when there are already existing vim sessions).

      If you really feel that this is valuable, then some/most of the
      options should be moved into a submenu.