54929Re: 'l' breaks macro when run at the end of line

  • Tom Sorensen
    Sep 10, 2009
      On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Milan Vancura <milan@...> wrote:
      > Sure. The only problem is that, in case I pointed out, the error throwing is
      > not consistent: '99l' run on the previous-to-last char of the line does NOT
      > throw the error while even simple 'l' run on the last char of the DOES.

      Because they're not the same. If you do 9999999l would you expect
      vi(m) to end up on the last character of a line (barring TRUELY absurd
      line lengths) or to beep at you if the line was too short and leave
      the cursor where it is?

      The fact of the matter is that this "difference" in behavior is vi-compliant.

      Tom