54808Re: Windows vista alt key mapping

  • Matt Wozniski
    Aug 8, 2009
      On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 4:49 AM, Ian00 wrote:

      > This looks like a bug that I've worked around. I've noticed in windows
      > vista that mapping alt keys doesn't work in ~/.vimrc. Mapping after
      > vim loads works fine, and creating a separate file with the mappings
      > and then sourcing it from an autocommand works:
      >
      >        autocmd VimEnter * source ~/.vimbugfix
      >
      > For reference, alt a-z in insert mode gives:
      > áâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùú
      >
      > I get the same result with default settings, and no vimrc or gvimrc.
      >
      > - Ian Kelling

      Hm. Don't have a windows machine to test with at the moment, care to
      do some debugging? What does "set enc? fenc? fencs?" print out if you
      put it in _vimrc? If you run that line manually? If you put the maps
      in _vimrc, what shows up for them in the output of the :map command?
      My wild guess is that the encoding when the vimrc is being sourced
      doesn't match the encoding you get once vim is started, and that's
      causing vim to map one set of byte sequences for <A-x> in vimrc and
      another set once vim has started. If I'm right, you might be able to
      fix it using either a "scriptencoding" in the vimrc (but probably
      not), or by setting "encoding" in your vimrc.

      ~Matt