54391vim 7.2 compiles fine on MSYS but it doesn't execute

  • Cesar Romani
    Jun 5, 2009
      I tried compiling vim 7.2 with termcap on MSYS, and it compiles fine.
      However, when I execute it, I get:
      --------------------
      $ vim
      Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      Vim: Finished.
      --------------------

      If I run gdb on it, I get:
      --------------------
      $ gdb vim.exe
      GNU gdb 6.8
      <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
      There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
      and "show warranty" for details.
      This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-mingw32"...
      (gdb) run
      Starting program: C:\msys\1.0\home\Romer\msys\vim72\src/vim.exe
      [New thread 5908.0xfec]
      Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal
      Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal
      [New thread 5908.0x580]

      0x004fee32 in set_termname (
      term=0x3a6c3532 <Address 0x3a6c3532 out of bounds>) at term.c:1866
      1866 if (STRCMP(term, "pcterm") == 0)

      The compilation and execution of vim for win32 with MingW is fine and I
      want to compile it on the MSYS environment because the vim version there
      is too old, 5.8

      Many thanks in advance,
      Cesar