54364Bug? ":close" behaves strangely in command-line window

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Jun 1, 2009
      ":close" command behaves strangely in command-line window.

      Reproducible: Always.

      Steps to reproduce:
      1. Open the command-line window by q/ q? or q:
      2. (Optional) Move the cursor about.
      3. Type :close then hit the <Enter> key.

      Expected results:
      The command-line history should close, reverting to normal editing.

      Actual results:
      - Nothing happens.
      - The cursor is still on the command-line, which has been filled with
      the line which was under the cursor after step 2.

      I think that what is actually lacking is a screen redraw, because at
      this point hitting the colon key in a search history window, or typing
      :redraw then hitting <Enter> in an ex-command history window, are enough
      to close the window.

      Vim version:
      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled May 27 2009 00:44:15)
      Included patches: 1-191
      Extra patches: Extra float functions (Bill McCarthy)
      Compiled by antoine.mechelynck@...
      Huge version with GTK2-GNOME GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):

      Best regards,
      The longer I am out of office, the more infallible I appear to myself.
      -- Henry Kissinger