54162Re: More request for 2html :)

  • Wu, Yue
    May 2, 2009
      On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 02:50:52AM +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

      > On 01/05/09 00:11, Wu, Yue wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't know the web relating technology, but I think 2html can use the tag
      > > file of the current document, and then make all |foo| and *foo* in the
      > > document as a hypertext? Is it hard to implement?
      > >

      > Well, in Vim help files, |this| is indeed a link, but so is 'that'.
      > However, where it gets complicated is that not only [range] is a link,
      > but also that you can double click (or hit Ctrl-] on) any word anywhere
      > in the help text, and if there is a tag by that name (or if there isn't,
      > a tag containing that name) you'll be brought to it. But if you
      > linkified any word which appeared as a tag, you'd sometimes get
      > preposterous results. For instance, in the HTML help
      > http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/ any occurrence of the pronoun
      > "it" is linkified, because there is a text object named "it" (inner HTML
      > tag block) and it has a tag.

      We can make things simple: make all *foo* become <target=foo>*foo*</taget>,
      and all |foo| to <ref=foo>|foo|</ref>

      *foo* => <target=foo>*foo*</taget>

      |foo| => <ref=foo>|foo|</ref>

      I don't know html, it's my wrongly syntax example :)

      Though maybe fully hyperlink support is complicated, but we can support some
      simple cases firstly.

      --
      Hi,
      Wu, Yue