54138Re: [patch] when 'autochdir' is set, let mksession always use full pathname independently on curdir,sesdir

  • Yakov Lerner
    Apr 30, 2009

      On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 22:11, _sc_ <toothpik@...> wrote:

      On Thursday 30 April 2009 11:19 am, Yakov Lerner wrote:
      > When 'acd' is set, mksession uses short pathname in the typical usage which
      > leads to wrong result (the testcase below). This is biting me every time I
      > use mksession (I always have acd on).
      > The interaction of 'curdir' in  sessionoptions and 'set acd' leads to
      > apparently wrong result.
      > This patch adds additional check in ses_fname, the logic is similar to the
      > check for 'did_lcd' which already exists for the same reason.

             Note: When this option is on some plugins may not work.

      or maybe it's time we examined the question of whether 'autochdir'
      is buggy

      I think the problem is when code tests for did_lcd  flag but does not
      test for p_acd flag. Looks like p_acd should have same effect as did_lcd.
      When code tests for did_lcd but not for p_acd, it's problematic for acd.
      So I fixed one case of it, very pinpointed.

      Maybe setting did_lcd=TRUE should be automatic
      whenever p_acd is, set will solve more problems ? Maybe. I don't know.

      So far, I am using acd for many years, I am satified. Before I discovered acd,
      I used lcd+au as yours, and I had side-effects, too. I switched from lcd to acd.

      Yakov