52659Re: Bug with 'fileformats' option and :enew

    Dec 5, 2008
      Ben Fritz wrote:

      > See http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_thread/thread/d19be706567e5743
      > :help :enew and :help :new say:
      > "If 'fileformats' is not empty, the first format given will be used
      > for the new buffer."
      > But, on Windows, with 'fileformats' set to unix,dos, doing :enew gives
      > ff=dos. Additionally, the first buffer loaded when Vim is launched
      > with no arguments has ff=dos even if ffs is set to unix,dos in the
      > _vimrc (which is rather unexpected but not necessarily a bug).
      > :new and :tabnew work as indicated (i.e. they give ff=unix).

      I guess this happens if the previous buffer is reused. This is a
      mechanism that avoids empty, unnamed, unused buffers to stay in the
      buffer list. I guess that 'ff' isn't reset then. I'll look into it

      MARTHA'S WAY: Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes
      for future use in casseroles and sauces.
      MY WAY: What leftover wine?