52282Re: Patch 7.2.027

  • sc
    Nov 6, 2008
      On Thursday 06 November 2008 9:57 am, Bill McCarthy wrote:

      > On Thu 6-Nov-08 9:15am -0600, Charles Campbell wrote:
      >

      > > Bill McCarthy wrote:

      > >> After this patch, since its a header file, I did a make
      > >> clean before building. When it came to compiling ex_docmd.c
      > >> I received error messages and the process ended. Here are
      > >> the first few messages:
      > >>
      > >> In file included from ex_docmd.c:466:
      > >> ex_cmds.h:656: error: `ex_oldfiles' undeclared here (not in a function)
      > >> ex_cmds.h:656: error: initializer element is not constant
      > >> ex_cmds.h:656: error: (near initialization for `cmdnames[280].cmd_func')
      > >> ex_cmds.h:656: error: initializer element is not constant
      > >> ex_cmds.h:656: error: (near initialization for `cmdnames[280]')
      > >>

      > > I had the same problem; but I was able to manually fix it just fine;
      > > line 657 should be:
      > >
      > > BANG|TRLBAR|SBOXOK|CMDWIN),
      > >
      > > I suspect we both had applied the experimental "oldfiles" patch earlier
      > > and patch#27 assumes otherwise.
      >
      > I don't recall the experimental patch. Noting that the new
      > header file was already in svn. I replaced my patched
      > version and tried again - same result.

      I generally avoid patches -- my source is from mainline svn only -- I
      too did a 'make clean', and got a slightly different error:

      ex_cmds.h:656: error: 'ex_oldfiles' undeclared here (not in a function)
      make[1]: *** [objects/ex_docmd.o] Error 1

      Further, my line 657 in ex_cmds.h is exactly as quoted above.

      I may well be stuck at 7.2.26 until this is resolved...

      sc