52150Re: Drupal .module proper support (fwd)

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Oct 9, 2008
      On 10/10/08 06:18, Alexis Wilke wrote:
      > Tony,
      > I don't understand what you're talking about.
      > Are you saying that you do not want to ever modify the filetype.vim if
      > someone sends you a patch?
      > Thank you.
      > Alexis

      The only person who should modify the official $VIMRUNTIME/filetype.vim
      is Bram, who is in charge of maintaining it.

      If you want to add a new filetype, or to modify how filetypes are
      detected, _don't_ modify $VIMRUNTIME/filetype.vim because, as I said,
      sooner or later your changes will be silently undone (any patch /may/ do
      it, and upgrading to the next version /will/ do it). What you should do
      is add your changes to $VIM/vimfiles/filetype.vim (all OSes,
      system-wide), $HOME/vimfiles/filetype.vim (Windows, single-user) or
      $HOME/.vim/filetype.vim (Unix, Mac, etc., single-user). These files are
      not touched by updates to Vim.

      Best regards,
      You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.