51925Re: (patch) Lua interface

  • Ag. D. Hatzimanikas
    Sep 1, 2008
      On Mon, Sep 01, at 01:19 Luis Carvalho wrote:
      > > > Below is a minor diff to your patch.
      >
      > Thank you. I'm attaching an updated version of the patch with a few more
      > changes. I should probably find a place to put the latest version of the patch...

      Thanks.

      I think I've tried all the available commands and they work as they
      were documented.

      My only question is (from :help lua-vim):

      vim.open({fname}) Opens a new buffer for file {fname} and
      returns it. Note that the buffer
      is not set as current.

      And then few lines below:

      :lua vim.open"myfile"() -- open buffer and set it as current

      They both work as advertised, but why this idiom? Is there any other way
      to have the same result, but to be a little bit less confusing?
      If there is a reason to stay like this, at least (for me), it looks more
      natural exactly the opposite, so:

      lua vim.open('somefile')

      it should open the file and set is as current.

      > Cheers,
      > Luis.

      Regards,
      Ag.