51034Re: VIM 7.2a.10 (GTK2, cygwin) weird cursor color problem

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Jul 1, 2008
      On 02/07/08 06:23, SungHyun Nam wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > My settings are:
      > -------------------
      > $ echo $LANG
      >
      > $ echo $GTK_IM_MODULE
      > hangul2
      > $ echo $XMODIFIERS
      >
      > $
      > --------------------
      >
      > I think LANG does not affect cygwin. Instead windows's current
      > codepage(?) affects cygwin. I use Korean version of windows which
      > use CP949 codepage. Unix(or Linux) korean users would use
      > 'LANG=ko' (same as ko_KR, ko_KR.eucKR) or 'LANG=ko_KR.UTF-8'. I used
      > 'LANG=ko_KR.UTF-8' on Linux.
      [...]

      To see how locales are set inside Vim at any specific moment, use

      :language

      with no arguments. This will show you what Vim uses internally, as set
      on Linux from $LANG, $LC_ALL, $LC_CTYPE, $LC_MESSAGES, etc.; on Windows
      from your "country settings" (or whatever they are called); and on all
      platforms by using the various "setting" variants of the ":language"
      command.

      It's always darkest just before it gets pitch black.