50232Re: Patch 7.1.296

  • Karsten Hopp
    May 9, 2008
      James Vega schrieb:
      > On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 12:52:14PM +0200, Karsten Hopp wrote:
      >> Bram Moolenaar schrieb:
      >>> Patch 7.1.296
      >>> Problem: SELinux is not supported.
      >>> Solution: Detect the selinux library and use mch_copy_sec(). (James Vega)
      >>> Files: src/auto/configure, src/config.h.in, src/configure.in,
      >>> src/fileio.c, src/memfile.c, src/os_unix.c, src/proto/os_unix.pro

      >> This looks like the patch we currently have in Fedora.
      >
      > I made sure to let Bram know that when I sent him the patch. Wouldn't
      > want to take credit for other people's work. :) I had someone request
      > its inclusion in the Debian package, so I figured it would be better to
      > get it merged upstream than having everyone carrying around the patch on
      > their own.

      I didn't want to imply that you've taken credit for someone elses work and I should add
      that I didn't write that patch either. I think it was written by Daniel Walsh, one of our
      selinux experts.
      Instead I'd like to apologize for not doing my job properly. I should have sent this patch
      upstream long ago.

      >> There's one minor patch missing, though.
      >> When editing a file with a security context the .swp file should have the same context. It
      >> currently looks like this while editing a file in /tmp:
      >> $ ls -lZ test.c .test.c.swp
      >> -rw------- rjc rjc rjc:object_r:src_t test.c
      >> -rw------- rjc rjc rjc:object_r:tmp_t .test.c.swp
      >> $
      >>
      >> The file .test.c.swp should have the type src_t. I think the attached patch fixes this.
      >
      > The memfile.c changes are already in the patch Bram sent out.

      I stand corrected, I've missed that one...

      Karsten