50231Re: Patch 7.1.295

  • Dominique Pelle
    May 8, 2008
      On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 5:00 AM, Tony Mechelynck
      <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

      > On 08/05/08 04:39, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
      >>> Patch 7.1.295
      >>> Problem: Vimtutor only works with vim, not gvim.
      >>> Solution: Add the -g flag to vimtutor. (Dominique Pelle) Add gvimtutor.
      >>> Files: src/Makefile, src/gvimtutor, src/vimtutor, runtime/doc/vimtutor.1
      >>
      >> In the CVS repository, src/gvimtutor is missing:
      >>
      >> cp gvimtutor /usr/bin/gvimtutor
      >> cp: cannot stat `gvimtutor': No such file or directory
      >> make[1]: *** [installtutorbin] Error 1
      >> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vim/vim7/src'
      >> make: *** [install] Error 2
      >>
      >> Chris
      >>

      > gvimtutor is new. Maybe the CVS repository is slightly out-of-date? What
      > does its version.h mention as "applied patches" (at line 669 or
      > thereabouts)? Applying this patch (respecting patch sequence) ought to
      > create the gvimtutor file.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Tony.

      I get the same error after downloading latest vim from CVS
      and trying to install it:

      pel@pel-laptop:~/sb/vim7$ sudo make install
      [sudo] password for pel:
      Starting make in the src directory.
      If there are problems, cd to the src directory and run make there
      cd src && make install
      make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pel/sb/vim7/src'
      if test -f /usr/local/bin/vim; then \
      mv -f /usr/local/bin/vim /usr/local/bin/vim.rm; \
      rm -f /usr/local/bin/vim.rm; \
      fi
      cp vim /usr/local/bin
      #strip /usr/local/bin/vim
      chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/vim
      cp vimtutor /usr/local/bin/vimtutor
      chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/vimtutor
      cp gvimtutor /usr/local/bin/gvimtutor
      cp: cannot stat 'gvimtutor': No such file or directory
      make[1]: *** [installtutorbin] Error 1
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pel/sb/vim7/src'
      make: *** [install] Error 2

      I did "sudo make -k install" as a workaround which
      installed vim-7.1.297 (which is the latest vim according
      to www.vim.org) but somehow gvimtutor is missing
      from CVS.

      -- Dominique