50228Re: Patch 7.1.295

  • Tony Mechelynck
    May 9, 2008
      On 09/05/08 08:14, Dominique Pelle wrote:
      [...]
      > cp vimtutor /usr/local/bin/vimtutor
      > chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/vimtutor
      > cp gvimtutor /usr/local/bin/gvimtutor
      > cp: cannot stat 'gvimtutor': No such file or directory
      > make[1]: *** [installtutorbin] Error 1
      > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pel/sb/vim7/src'
      > make: *** [install] Error 2
      >

      > I did "sudo make -k install" as a workaround which
      > installed vim-7.1.297 (which is the latest vim according
      > to www.vim.org) but somehow gvimtutor is missing
      > from CVS.
      >
      > -- Dominique

      I suspect a bug in a CVS commit script.

      I don't get my Vim sources from CVS but from ftp+patch, and gvimtutor
      got created. I'm appending it to this post: drop it into <builddir>/src/
      and /usr/local/bin/

      I'm proud to be paying taxes in the United States. The only thing is
      -- I could be just as proud for half the money.
      -- Arthur Godfrey