49555Re: Patch to allow ctermfg or bg values as #rrggbb

  • Sean Donner
    Feb 29, 2008
      Hello all,

      I just wanted to let you know that this patch works like a charm and
      it's by far the closest to having gvim-like color themes inside my
      terminal; PuTTY with "TERM=xterm-256color" in my case.

      I happened to be fortunate enough to ask the right question at the
      right time and stumble across this patch by conversing with Matt in
      #vim on freenode. Together, we put together a vim regex script that
      is easily sourced on your favorite vim colorscheme to convert it to
      the correct #rrggbb format.

      regex script available here --> http://www.cs.drexel.edu/~mjw452/ctermrgbify-scheme.vim

      His latest source patch applied cleanly to my Slackware-12 vim-7.1
      package and only minor tweaking was required to the runtime patch
      since Matt diff'd against the latest svn build.

      I highly suggest that you consider this for inclusion into the main
      trunk.

      Regards,

      -Sean