49263Re: VIM and NTFS streams

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Feb 5, 2008
      krischik wrote:
      > I would use "cp --archive test.txt test2.txt" in which case the EA's
      > are copied as well. At least on SuSE Linux 9.2 onwards. And of course
      > the file would still be UTF-16 - after all it's "copy" not "convert".
      > Without meaning offence: You should read up a little on the subject as
      > you knowledge is not up to date.
      > Done: GNU cp will do that if --archive is used.

      Hmm... According to "info cp" (on my openSUSE 10.3 system), -a or --archive is
      equivalent to -dpPR, which means:

      -d copy symlinks as symlinks and preserve hardlinks between sources in the copies
      -p preserve attributes. If not specifying which attributes, the default is:
      mode,ownership,timestamps (xattrs must be specified explicitly to be included)
      -P copy symlinks as symlinks (sic)
      -R copy directories recursively

      Best regards,
      "She said, `I know you ... you cannot sing'. I said, `That's nothing,
      you should hear me play piano.'"
      -- Morrisey