47697Re: firefox and vim was: Re: Feature request... non-uniform tab stops

  • Ernie Rael
    Sep 8, 2007
      It's All Text! is nice, that's a great tip. Know of anything similar for Thunderbird?

      Thanks,
      -ernie

      Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      Milan Vancura wrote:

      The MozEx Firefox extension lets you edit textareas with an external editor
      (e.g. vim). I'm a fan.

      I've found another FF extension called It's All Text - it allows the same and
      it handles character encoding and cooperates nicely with FF. And it works with
      FF 1.5 and 2.0

      Great for editing wiki pages (for example). I can't imagine my work in wiki
      without that extension.

      Milan Vancura

      Yeah, I use it too. It adds a small blue button labeled "edit" at the bottom
      right of textareas when the mouse is over them. Click that button: plop! gvim
      opens with any text already typed in. Enter :x to close gvim, plop! the edited
      text appears in the browser. Works like magic (as Arthur Weasley would have
      said ;-) ).